Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

This Year's Birthday Gift

Every year on my birthday I gift myself something.
This year, my gift was different.
في كل سنة، متعودة اهدي نفسي شي في يوم ميلادي.
هذي السنة، هديتي كانت شي مختلف.
This year, my gift was to change something about myself. 
One of them was to say "Yes" instead of "No" to interesting opportunities that come my way. So I've managed to say "Yes" when I wanted to say "No" to a collaborative photoshoot where I was to be the model.
Though I'm not a model.  
هذي السنة هديتي كانت اني أغير شي فيني. 
واحدة من الهدايا هي اني اوقف أقول "لا" للفرص اللي تجيني وأجرب أقول "نعم". فجربت وقلت اوكي لاني اشارك في جلسة تصوير اكون انا فيها المودل.

مع اني ماني مودل.

It was hard for me to take the backseat and leave it all to the team, to not check the pictures not even once, so not to psych myself out. To have faith that whatever the outcome, it was about the experience.  
كان صعب علي اني اجلس وأخلي كل شي على فريق العمل، واني ما اشيك على الصور ولا حتى مرة واحدة عشان ما أهون. كان لازم أثق انه مهما كانت النتيجة، المهم هو التجربة نفسها.
Photographer: Ghada AlOsaimi 
Make up: Sundus AlDuwaisi 
Hair : Saba Abdulrahman
Creative Director: Majed N.

التصوير: غادة العصيمي
المكياج: سندس الدويسي
الشعر: صبا عبدالرحمن
التنسيق: ماجد ن.
The second gift was that I've tried to face my fear of public speaking by becoming a moderator to the Saudi Fashion Talks event 4 days before the event, with no prior training!!I'm normally more comfortable among the audience watching..Assessing...Learning. This time I was placed on the hot seat!
To be honest I was nervous doing this and I was mentally saying "No Way" and "Why did I do this!" up until an hour before the event started. But I'm happy now that I went through with it and didn't bail out.
الهدية الثانية هي اني جربت أتغلب على واحد من مخاوفي اللي هو اني أوقف قدام الناس واتكلم، وقبلت أصير المقدمة في إڤنت "Saudi Fashion Talks" قبل ٤ أيام من الإڤنت من غير أي تدريب!! بالعادة انا أكون في الحضور مآخذة راحتي اتفرج ...آحلل...أدرس. هذي المرة صرت انا في كرسي الامتحان!
ما أكذب، كنت شايلة همّ، وكنت اقول لنفسي "لا" و "وش الله حادني!" إلين ساعة قبل بداية الإڤنت. بس اليوم سعيدة انني كملت وما سحبت عليهم.
I had 3 sections and I had to come up with questions for all 5 of the guest: Ascia AKF, Noha Nabil, Hala AlHarithy, Khulood Ahmed & Wala Saleh. I managed to do the 1st two and was having a writer's block or something when it came to the last part, so I called on my amazing Khulood and we brainstormed together to come up with a list that I was happy to ask. Khulood, you are a life saver. 
كان عندي ٣ أجزاء وكان لازم أجهز الأسئلة لكل الضيوف: آسيا عاكف، نهى نبيل، هالة الحارثي، خلود أحمد وولاء صالح. قدرت الحمد لله انني أجهز الجزئين الأولين بس لما جيت للجزء الأخير مخي ما عاد يشتغل، فاضطريت أستعين بصديق، وكلمت خلود اللي كانت مرة رهيبة.
While I was counting all the questions that I've forgotten to ask, some people from the audience were coming up to me congratulating me on a job well done! That just made my day. Even while we were at dinner with all the speakers I was asked "how long have I been doing this?" and I said " three hours!" they were all surprised!! They thought I was doing this for a living and that I had a show or something. Ah nope, lol. 
The amazing feedback and the fact that people thought I was a pro, made me glad I took the chance on this event and went through with it. 
I owe it to Mashael AlRajhi for recommending me for this opportunity. Thank you for your vote of confidence... 
So for this year, I'm thankful for these opportunities that helped me develop myself. 

وانا جالسة أحاسب نفسي على الأسئلة اللي نسيت آسألها، كان جزء من الحضور يجون عندي يمدحوني على شغلي! هذا كان احلى شي في الموضوع. وحتى على العشاء بعد الإڤنت انسألت كم لي أشتغل في هذا المجال وقلت بكل صراحة:" لي ٣ ساعات!" انصدموا! يحسبون ان هذا مجالي وان لي برنامج!!
مرة انبسطت من التعليقات اللي جتني وحمدت ربي انني جازفت وجربت اسوي هذا الشي وانا احسب اني راح اجيب العيد. 

طبعاً الشكر لازم يروح لمشاعل الراجحي اللي وهقتني ورشحتني لهذا الاڤنت. شكراً لثقتك فيني...
فهذي السنة، أحمد ربي على انه جتني فرص ساعدتني انني أطور من نفسي...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts on this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...