Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Code Pink 16 by Kinetico Fitness Center


"Together we are stronger."
"معاً، نحن أقوى."


This weekend was spent at Kinetico's outdoors event "Code Pink 16" where all of the proceeds from this day go to Zahra Association for breast cancer awareness.
This event started 10yrs ago at the gym itself. It is a one day marathon of workouts which include: 4hrs Spinning ride, Body Pump, Zumba & Yoga. Attendees can pick any or all of these exercises to do and you don't have to be a member of the gym either. I went for doing 2hrs of spinning since it is the most challenging for me.
Zahra Association had one of their reps at the event: Mrs. Awatif AlHoushan, who is a cancer surviver herself mashallah. She enlightened us all about what it's like battling with cancer and how best to support a fighting patient. She also emphasised on the importance of early detection through regular check ups, eating healthy, working out and staying positive. 
شاركنا هذا الويك اند في اڤنت كنيتيكو " Code Pink 16" واللي ريعه كله يتم التبرع فيه لجمعية زهرة للتوعية من سرطان الثدي.
هذا الاڤنت بدأ من ١٠سنين من نفس النادي. هو يوم واحد يكون فيه مراثون رياضي من بينهم: ٤ساعات على دراجة "Spinning"، بودي پمپ، زومبا ويوغا. المشاركين يقدرون يختارون اي من هذي الحصص أو كلها اذا يبون، ومو لازم تكونون من اعضاء النادي. انا شاركت في ساعتين على دراجة "Spinning" لأنه الأصعب بالنسبة لي.
من الحضور كان فيه الأستاذة عواطف الحوشان، عضو جمعية زهرة وممن حاربوا مرض سرطان الثدي وتغلبوا عليه ما شاء الله. شاركتنا الأستاذ عائشة عن حربها مع السرطان وأحسن الطرق اللي الواحد يقدر فيها يساند فيها المصاب. وأكدت على أهمية الفحص الدوري، الأكل الصحي، الرياضة والايجابية.

I have been working out for months now to be healthier and stronger. I no longer want to go up a flight of stairs and feel my heart racing! Or not be able to run for more than 3min before my heart starts to want to jump out of my mouth! So this event was a perfect challenge to take up to see how far I have come along. I no longer look at a scale for that. Also I'm never on a diet!! That word make me want to eat everything and everyone!!   
لي كم شهر وأنا أسوي رياضة بهدف إني أصير أصح وأقوى. ماعاد أبي أتعب وأنا أطلع الدرج! ولا أبي روحي تطلع من فمي لما أركض لمدة ٣ دقايق! فهذا الاڤنت كان الاختبار المناسب عشان أعرف كيف تحسنت. ما عاد اشوف الميزان. كمان انا ابداً مني في دايت!! الكلمة هذي ملغية عندي، لأني لما أستخدمها أصير أشتهي كل شي!!

The highlights of the day personally were ; 
One: I managed to finish 3hrs spinning when I was aiming for 2hrs... although as I'm writing this post I can still feel the soreness of my lower body but it's a good pain. The pain of accomplishments is always good
Two: one of my followers told me that she was inspired by me and have went and joined a gym herself. That has made my day.
We are all fighters. We each have our own battles to go through. Some might be in front of everyone, like Cancer fighters. Others have an inner battle with their inner demons.  
This day, we were supporting Zahra Association's fighters. Join us next year.
من الأشياء اللي ونستني هذا اليوم:
واحد: قدرت اخلص ٣ساعات عى دراجة "spinning" والخطة كانت ساعتين... مع اني الحين وأنا جالسة أكتب لكم أحس بكل الجزء السفلي من جسمي يعورني بس انه ألم حلو. ألم الإنجاز دائماً حلو.
اثنين: ان واحدة من متابعاتي قالت اني حمستها وراحت سجلت في نادي. مرة فرحني كلامها.
كلنا محاربين. لكل واحد مننا حروبه اللي يمر فيها. البعض حربه علني وقدام الناس مثل محاربين مرض السرطان. والبعض الاخر حربه بينه وبين نفسه.  
في هذا اليوم، كنا نشجع محاربات جمعية زهرة. شاركونا السنة الجاية.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts on this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...