Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2016

My Rock N Biba Kaftan

Finally, the weather warmed up enough for me to wear my Nasiba Hafiz Kaftan.
وأخيرا دفى الجو شوي وقدرت ألبس هذا الثوب من نسيبة حافظ.



We have those moments when we are feeling disappointed and we start wondering where this road is taking us!! A lot of things don't go as planned and you start questioning yourself and you start questioning why have you even started on this road all together... 
Those thoughts are normal. You can't always be happy and upbeat all the time! Happiness as they say is an inside job. It takes work to be happy. For me, when I start feeling let down, I remind myself to count the good things that have happened along the way. What have those experiences taught me? How have I changed & grown? We tend to loss track of that and get caught up in the moment. I was also recently reminded that what counts is the journey, not just the destination.
One of the blessing we have, that we don't even realise, is that you get to meet great people that maybe you wouldn't have come across had you chose a different path in life or gone a different direction.
One of those great people that I have met is Nasiba Hafiz. We met in Dubai, where we both were attending a short course taught by Toby Meadows. Soon after this course Nasiba launched a fashion label with the same name, creating pieces that are representative of her personality; fun, flirty and with a twist. The Kaftan I'm wearing is from her Rock N Biba collection for Spring/Summer 2016. It's an comfortable piece that is easy to style into more than one look this season. 
تجينا أوقات نحس فيها باحباط ونصير نسأل نفسنا وين الطريق الا احنا فيه راح ياخذنا!أشياء كثيرة ما تمشي على هوانا ونصير نشك ونسأل ليس من الأساس قررنا نتجه لهذا الطريق من الأساس... 
هذا الاحساس طبيعي. مو دائماً الواحد يكون مبسوط وعى احسن ما يكون! السعادة عبارة عن شغل داخلي. السعادة تتطلب شغل. بالنسبة لي، لما أحس بالاحباط أحاول أذكر نفسي اني أعد الأشياء الزينة اللي صارت معاي في الطريق. ايش هذي التجربة علمتني؟ كيف تغييرت أو كبرت من وراها؟مشكلتنا اننا ما نلاحظ هذي كاله وانا مشغولين. تم تنبيهي مؤخرا ان المشوار هو المهم مو بس الوجهة.
 من النعم الي عندنا اللي ما ننتبه لها انك تتعرف علي شخصيات رهيبة يمكن ما كنت قابلتهم أو تعرفت عليهم لو اخترت طريق غير. 

نسيبة حافظ من الشخصيات الجميلة اللي تعرفت عليها. تقابلنا في دبي واحنا في كورس  لتوبي مدوز . بعد فترة قصيرة من هذا الكورس أطلقت نسيبة ماركتها بنفس الاسم، فيها قطع تشبه شخصيتها: مرحة وفيها دائما لمسة مختلفة. الثوب اللي انا لابسته من مجموعتها "Rock N Biba" لربيع وصيف ٢٠١٦. القطعة مرة مريحة وسهل الواحد يلبق عليها اكثر من لوك هذا الموسم.
The weather wasn't too warm though, so I paired the kaftan with a distressed denim jacket. I felt this look was great to try out the 90's trend with, so I took a black ribbon and had it tied as a choker. The clutch is a favorite find of mine that I've had for a few years now because of the clasp that is shaped into two elephants. The shoes though are going to be for editorial use only! When I bought them I thought I was going to be wearing them everywhere! But sadly they turned out to be too high to be taken anywhere.  
لأن الجو كان مو مرة حر، فقررت ألبس الثوب مع جاكيت جينز مشقق. موضة التسعينات اللي دارجة حالياً: ربطة "choker" سودا وحسيت هذا اللوك يصلح معاه هذي الحركة، فجبت شريطة وربطها على شكل "choker". الكلتش لقيته بالصدفة من كم سنة وعجبتني التسكيرة على شكل فيلة. الكعب للأسف راح ينلبس بس في الصور!! انصدمت فيه لاني شريته وهو مرة عجبني وقلت راح احلله في طلعات كثير بس على اللبس طلع مرة عالي!!ما ينفع اطلع فيه لاي مكان للاسف...
Outfit Details:
Kaftan: Nasiba Hafiz   |   Jacket & Shoes; Asos   |   Clutch: Parfois   |   Rings: Melanic Jewellery "avaialble here

تفاصيل اللبس:
الثوب: نسيبة حافظ   |   الجاكيت والكعب: أسوس   |   الكلتش: پرفوا   |   الخواتم: مِلانِك "متوفرة هنا "  

1 comment:

  1. That dress is so gorgeous! I am excited to try this using your tutorial. I found almost the same dress fabrics online.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts on this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...