Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Nothing is Perfect

"Perfection is an illusion"... 
"الكمال وهم"...
There is no such thing!
But for a perfectionist, that is a problem!
Yes my name is Huda and I'm a Perfectionist!! 
 I didn't realise that until it was pointed out to me! I was like WHAT?! Me? No I'm NOT!
1st rule of solving a problem is to admit that you have a problem. Then you start working on it.
It dawned on me that I'm one of those people that wait for all the ducks to be in a row to be able to start anything. I'm one of those people that can find problems where no one is looking and try to find solutions for them even before they start! I called it being a realist! If this sounds like someone you know, tell them to join my club lol..
Even as I was working on this post, each picture to me had too many flaws I couldn't deal with them at 1st! Then I looked at them again and tried to look for what I liked instead.
 I'm also told:"You are your worst critic!" I guess I am. 
مافي شي كذا! 
بس بالنسبة للشخص اللي دائماً يسعى وراء الكمالية، فهذي مشكلة! 
نعم آنا واحدة من هذي الناس!!
ما كنت مستوعبة هذا الشي لين ما نبهوني عليها! وحتى وقتها كان ردي"وشو؟ أنا؟ أكيد لا!!آول خطوة في حل أي مشكلة هي إنك أولاً تعترف بوجود المشكلة. وبعدها تشتغل على الموضوع.  
استوعبت اني من الناس اللي تنتظر كل الاشياء تمشي مع بعض عشان أبدأ أي شي. اني كمان من الناس اللي ممكن تطلع العلل في الموضوع اللي ما أحد ينتبه لها علشان نحلها قبل ما نبدأ. على أساس اني واقعية! فاذا تحسون انكم تعرفون أحد كذا قولوا لهم ينضمون لشلتي لول! حتى وأنا جالسة اشتغل على هذا الپوست، في كل صورة كانت فيه اشياء ما عجبتني في البداية! بس بعدين حاولت اني أدور على النقاط اللي حبيتها فيهم.
انقال لي كمان:"انت اسوأ ناقد لك"! الظاهر اني كذا. 

When your eyes get used to certain images, it is hard to look differently at things. Your brain needs training to differentiate what is perfection. Life may not go just the way you want it, but that could be the point of it all. Maybe who you are now, is so much better than who you could've become if things went according to your perfect plan. For example, the image above for me, as a beginner, was not easy to take. Some people might not even post it. But I wanted to remind myself that mistakes are ok and sometimes they are beautiful.

I'm not out of the woods yet, I'm still working on it. It still terrifies me to think something might not turn out to be perfect. But I can say that I'm becoming lenient in my own perspective of perfection. 
I even apply this to my style as well. I have accepted long ago that my body isn't perfect, and for a long period I have put off wearing certain things until one day I reach my perfect weight! I dropped that idea from my book nowadays. Ofcourse there are still certain things I won't be wearing because I know they don't suit me.

Marled Knit is one of this year's trends. I found that this turtleneck top is a good example of this multi-toned trend but its cut is a little bulky. I chose to wear it over a flowy, floral dress as a skirt. The rule is if you are wearing something bulky to pair it with something fitted. I chose to ignore t hat rule and go with the opposite. For curvy girls, height is something we can play around with, so I chose to pair this look with heels.

لما نظرك يتعود علي صور معينة، صعبة انك تشوفين الامور بمنظور ثاني. المخ يحتاج انه يتدرب عشان يقدر يميز الكمالية. الحياة مو دائماً راح تمشي حسب اللي نبيه، بس ممكن يكون هذا هو المطلوب. انت الحين ممكن تكون احسن وافضل من الشخص اللي كان ممكن تكون لو كل شي صار حسب ما انت خططت له. كمثال، الصورة اللي فوق، بالنسبة لشخص مبتدأ ماهي سهلة، ممكن كثير ما يحطونها في الپوست. بس لأني أبي أذكر نفسي انه حتى الأخطاء شي عادي وممكن تكون حلوة.

ما أقدر أقول انني تخلصت من هذي العقدة بس جالسة أشتغل عليها. فكرة انه في شي ممكن ما يطلع صح تروعني، بس صرت متساهلة بمفهومي للكمالية. وصرت حتى أطبق هذا التفكير في ستايلي الشخصي. تصالحت مع فكرة انه جسمي مو كامل من زمان، بس كانت جايتني فترة أجل ألبس شي لين ما يوما ما أوصل للوزن المثالي! لغيت هذي الفكرة من قاموسي حالياً. في أشياء ما راح ألبسها أكيد لأني مقتنعة انها ما تناسبني.

هذا السنة دارج موضة الملابس "Marled Knit" اللي فيها اكثر من لون في  نفس حياكة القطعة سواء صوف أو غيره. ولقيت هذا التوب يمثل هذي الموضة فأخذته بس مشكلته انه يعِّرض. ومع ذالك قررت ألبسه مع فستان مشجر قصته وسيعة كتنورة تحته. القاعدة عادة انك لما تلبس شي وسيع لازم تلبق معاه شي مفصل بس انا تجاهلت هذي القاعدة وسويت العكس. وبالنسبة لأي بنت تقسيم جسمها "curvy"، التلاعب بالطول مرة مهم، فعشان كذا لبست كعب عالي مع اللوك.

Outfit Details:
Turtleneck: Asos   |   Dress:Baum Und Pferdgarten   |   Shoes: Vince Camuto
Clutch: Alexander Wang

تفاصيل اللبس:
التوب: أسوس   |   الفستان: بام أُند فيردغارتن   |   الكعب: ڤنس كامتو
الكلتش: ألكساندر وانغ

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts on this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...