Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

O100 Degrees

O100 Degrees is where I fell in love at 1st scent...

أو ١٠٠ درجة ، الحب من أول رشة...
 I was lucky enough to have been among the invitees to the opening of this great space that is all the work of one creative soul, Haifa AlRajhi.
Now the embarrassing fact is that this happened a few weeks ago and between then and this post so many things have happened that almost made me give up on writing this post, because it was so freaking late!
I'm sure Team O100 Degrees are also wondering what took so long! And I don't blame them! For that, Haifa and Team O100 Degrees and to all the brands represented by them I say I'm sorry..
Making a long story short and mini panic-attacks aside, lessons were learned during this period. And I went on with prepping for this post because this is not a place you miss out on visiting while in Riyadh.
تشرفت اني اكون من ضمن المدعويين لافتتاح هذا المحل الرهيب اللي هو نتاج افكار وابداع صاحبته، هيفاء الراجحي. 
الشي اللي يفشل شوي هو هذا صار له كم اسبوع الحين ومن يومها والى الآن وتصير لي أشياء ما تخلي هذا الموضوع ينزل! حتى اني قكرت خلاص ما انزله لان الموضوع صار له فترة!!وأكيد فريق عمل أو ١٠٠ درجة مستغربين ولهم الحق وانا اعتذر منهم ومن هيفاء  لاني تأخرت. 
بس ما راح ادخل في التفاصيل والاكشنات اللي صارت، والدروس اللي تعلمتها، وخلوني اقول لكم عن هذا المكان الزين اللي لازم تروحون له اذا انتوا في الرياض.
But what is O100 degrees?
It is where art and perfumery meets. It's a great space that holds a number of luxurious perfume brands. Some are even exclusive to only them.
ايش هو أو١٠٠درجة؟
هو مكان اجتمع فيه حب للعطور وللفن. مكان فيه مجموعة مختارة بعناية من الماركات الفخمة للعطور. وجزء منهم حصري فقط عندهم. 
Just walking into the space I was captivated. The details and the attention that was apparent in all its corners were astonishing, yet it didn't take the attention from the products, it actually framed them in a way only an artist would think of.
من أول ما دخلت المكان وانا عيوني طارت. التفاصيل في كل جزء وزاوية فيه تآخذ العقل ما شاء الله، بس من غير ما تغطي على الاشياء المعروضة. بالعكس كملتهم بطريقة ما يفكر فيها الا عقل فنان.
This wall installation of empty perfume bottles had me at 1st sight.
فكرة هذا الجدار لحالها رهيبة. كله علب عطر قزاز فاضية معلقة.
And this piece, with the perfume displayed on it.
ايش رايكم بهذي الفكرة؟
On each table you would find a beautiful piece that makes this place a lot more than just an ordinary boutique.
على كل طولة راح تلاقون قطعة غريبة وحلوة مستخدمة في العرض خلت المكان يبان اكثر من بوتيك. 

Now I won't pretend to know all of the brands in the store. I know a few. But my problem is that they are not readily available in our market. So to have a place like O100 Degrees a few blocks away where I can just walk into, try anything and then buy it on the spot is a blessing.
ماراح أتفلسف عليكم وأقول اني أعرف كل الماركات اللي عندهم. بس الصدق أعرف كم واحدة منهم بس مشكلتهم انه ما كان في منهم عندنا. ففكرة ان يكون فيه محل مثل أو١٠٠ درجة قريب مننا ممكن أروح له ،أجرب اللي أبيه وأخذه علطول يعتبر نعمه.
So I will tell about the ones I know and my favourites in each brand.
راح أبدا من الماركات اللي أعرفهم وايش العطور اللي تعجبني عندهم.
Lets start with DIPTYQUE.
A lot of you know of this brand either you've used it or have seen it online.
خلونا نبدأ من دپتيك.
كثير منكم يعرف هذي الماركة سواء استخدمتوهم أو شفتوهم على الانترنت.
I know them mostly form their candles. I never tried their perfumes. 
انا أعرفهم من شموعهم. ما قد جربت عطورهم.
So I'm interested in giving it a try next time I'm in the store to see which of their fragrances suit me.
فالمرة الجاية ودي أقعد عندهم وأشوف ايش العطر اللي راح يعجبني منهم.
Then comes BYREDO.
I love their Blanche perfume, and Team O100 Degrees where kind enough to introduce me to their Black Saffron. Normally I'm  not a fan of most things saffron, but this perfume was amazing. Love it.
ونجي لبايريدو.
أحب عندهم عطر
بلانش، وفريق عمل أو ١٠٠ درجة عرفوني علي بلاك سافرون. بالعادة ما أحب أي شي بالزعفران بس هذا العطر شي ثاني. مرة حبيته.
Team O100 Degrees also had BYREDO's collaborative collection with OLIVER PEOPLES brought in for the opening. The perfume was great, and there was a different packaging for those who wanted to buy both the perfume and the sunglasses.  A perfect gift idea.
فريق عمل أو ١٠٠ درجة جابو في الافتتاح المجموعة الجديدة لبايريدو اللي تعاونوا فيها مع ماركة أوليڤر پيپولزفسوا عطر باسمهم ممكن تشتريه لحال أو تشتري معاه نظارة شمسية منهم . مرة حلو العطر وحتى العلبة الي يجي فيها العطر مع النظارة حلوة كمان. تصلح تكون هدية.
MAISON FRANCIS KURKDJIAN has a different story with me. I came across it in some store ages ago and I liked one of their perfumes. I had its name written down somewhere so I can go back for it once I had the time. I lost that paper and now every time I see that brand I remember that scent I never could find.
I tried most of the collection at O100 Degrees, except the oriental rang.I liked their Homme collection more than the Femme. My Favourites were Lumier Noire & Amyris
ميزون فرانسيس كيركدچيان له قصة غير. شفته من زمان في محل غير  وجربت نوع عطر مرة عجبني فكتبت اسمه في ورقه عشان برجع له بعدين. ما أدري وين اختفت هذي الورقة ولا تذكرت الاسم! ،من يومها كل ما أشوف هذي الماركة أتذكر هذاك العطر اللي عجزت ألقاه.
جربت كل شي عند أو ١٠٠ درجة، ماعدا المجموعة الشرقية. عجبتي عطورهم الرجالية أكثر من النسائية. لوميير نواغ و أميريس أكثر اثنين عجبوني. 

Then came the discovery of new brands. 
ونجي للماركات الجديدة علي.
There was GROSSMITH who is a brand based in London. Mr. Simon Brooke the great great grandson of the founder, John Grossmith his wife were present at the opening. 
كان فيه ماركة غروسميث من لندن. سيد سيمون بروك ،واحد من أحفاد مؤسسها جون غروسميث، كان متواجد في الافتتاح مع زوجته.
His wife gave me the story of the brand and introduced me to their four collections. My favourite was Amelia from the Black Collection.
عرفتي زوجته على تاريخ الماركة وعلى مجموعاته الأربعة. اكثر شي عجبني هو اميليا من المجموعة السوداء.
 LE LABO is a French brand based in New York. It was getting to the end of the night and my heels were killing. So I sat at their station and asked about their brand.
لو لابو ماركة فرنسية تتصنع في نيويورك. قابلت مندوبهم في أخر اليوم وكان الكعب ذابحني فجلست عنده وتعرفت على عطورهم.
I fell in love with two of their perfumes, Rose 31, which is not like an rose infused perfume I’ve ever come across. The 2nd one is called Vetiver 46, which still smelt great event after a few days from the event. One Word; Love.
أشوا اني جلست عنده لان عندهم عطرين صاروا غرامي، روز ٣١، وهذا مو أي ورد قد شميته في أي عطر. ڤتيڤير ٤٦ هو الثاني. ريحته ظلت حتى بعد الاڤنت بفترة في شنطتي من الكرت اللي كان فيها.
One of the new brands to me which I didn’t get the chance to talk to their representative at the event but had their samples to try out were UNE NUIT A BALI. I liked their illustrated cards that they had made for each perfume with all its notes. My favourites; Mr.Vetiver & Suma Oriental. Thank You Team O100 Degrees for the samples.
من الماركات اللي ما أمداني أتعرف على مندوبهم في الافتتاح بس جاني عينات من عطورهم هم آن نويه أ بالي. كان جاي معاهم كروت عليها رسم حلو لكل عطر وفيها مكوناته. مستر ڤتڤير وسوما أورينتال هم اللي عجبوني. شكرا لفريق أو١٠٠ درجة على العينات.
Lastly but not least was Tola. A brand that I’ve been hearing a lot of buzz about before O100 Degrees opened. So I was interested to meat the mastermind behind it.
Mr. Dhaher Bin Dhaher is a great storyteller. How Tola came about is a story within a story that started with his mother’s love for making her own perfumed oils and ended up with a niche perfume brand that is now competing with older perfume houses internationally.
وختامها مسك بماركة تولة. هذي الماركة لي فترة اسمع عنها قبل ما يفتح أو ١٠٠ درجة. فكنت متحمسة اتعرف على العقل المدبر وراها.
السيد ظاهر بن ظاهر مقعده ما ينمل والله. يعرف كيف يعبر ويحكي قصته مع هذي الماركة اللي بدأت من حب أمه لخلط عطورها بنفسها وانتهت بماركة عالمية تنافس غيرها في هذا المجال .
Every piece of this brand has its own story from the illustration on the scarf that is displayed on the table to the actual name of the brand. A Tola is a type of measurement weight used in the Gulf. That is why a scale was used in the display.
كل شي في هذي الماركة له قصة، من الرسمة اللي على الشال اللي على الطاولة الي اسم الماركة. التولة معيار وزن يستخدم في الخليج. عشان كذا استخدم الميزان في العرض.
Most of Mr Dhaher's stories are from his time spent with his family, which tells us that inspiration is all around us, but not all of us have our eyes open. 
معظم قصص السيد ظاهر تجي من جلساته مع أهله. هذا دليل ان الالهام موجود حولنا بس مو كل الناس عيونها مفتوحة له.
As a souvenir of the night you get to have a sentence done in Arabic Calligraphy by the Saudi Artist Abdulrahman AlHowaymel. I didn't have anything in mind and having my name sounded so ordinary! So I let my friend Mashael AlRajhi go 1st and she had a beautiful quote that I had to have as well. Only I asked for a different type of Khatt. It is one of the best gifts i ever got.
كتذاكر لهذا اليوم كل أحد يقدر ياخذ جملة مكتوبة بالخط العربي من الفنان السعودي عبدالرحمن الهويمل. حبيت الفكرة بس ما جاء في بالي شي معين أكتبه، وحسيت ان اسمي شي عادي! فخليت صاحبتي مشاعل الراجحي تبدأ أول و طلبت جملة عجبتني فقلت لها ابي زيها بس بخط غير الرقعة. واحدة من أحلي الهدايا اللي جتني والله.
It will take more than one visit to O100 Degrees to try out the rest of the brands and perfumes. They also have candles from different brands and contemporary essence stands. 
الواحد يبيله اكثر من زيارة واحدة لأو١٠٠ درجة عشان يجرب باقي الماركات والعطور. وغير العطور عندهم ماركات مختلفة من الشموع وستاند حق أعواد البخور.
You now know where I’m getting my perfumes from now on. 
اللحين تعرفون المكان اللي راح أجيب منه عطوري من اليوم ورايح.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts on this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...