Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Art Scene: Loud Art at Naila Art Gallery

We start this new chapter of the Blog with Loud Art.

 حبيت ابدأ هذا الجزء الجديد من المدونة بمعرض لاود آرت.

This was the 1st time Loud Art was held in my hometown, Riyadh, organized by NTI (my sister Ibtisam is one of their Co-founders) & Desert Designs at Naila Art Gallery. It was also my 1st visit to Naila As well. A lot of 1st in one night!

Excuse the quality of the images, I didn't get my camera with me that time so I went ahead with my one and only Iphone 5S. 
I didn't have my Aha moment unil after this event, thank God I even had any images! So this is not a full recap of the event, just some of the things that caught my eye there and I couldn't resist taking a shot of.

Like these guys in the middle of a discussion infront of Alaa Balkhy's Work. That is one of the things I like about the art galleries. How there is energy and live discussions between attendees, whether its among the guests or the artist.

هذي كانت أول مرة معرض لاود آرت يصير في الرياض بتنظيم إن تي إي NTI( اختي ابتسام واحدة من مؤسسين هذي الشركة) & تراث الصحراء Desert Designs في معرض نايلا. وهذي كمان أول مرة أدخل فيها معرض نايلا. ملاحضين كم  مرة قلت فيها "أول مرة"!

انا آسفة ان الصور مو بالمستوى المطلوب،لأن كاميرتي ما كانت معاي هذاك اليوم! 
وبما اني ما أقدر اني أقعد من غير تصوير اخذت الصور بالآي فون ٥إس. ما كانت لسة فكرة إني أضيف هذي المعارض في المدونة فى بالي. بس كنت أبي أخذ صور للحظات اللي تعجبني.

واحدة من الأشياء اللي تعجبني في عالم الفن هو كيف ان الناس تتجمع وتتناقش في اللي معروض، زي هذيل اللي جالسين في الصورة عند أعمال ألاء بلخي.
 
A Dance Of Cultural Shock 
Artwork by: Ali AlHassan
عمل الفنان: علي الحسن

This artwork also had us guessing what it was about, until Raneen Bukhari of Desert Designs came and asked us to look at its shadow. and it all made sense to us after that.
 هذا العمل كمان خلانا نوقف قدامه ونحاول نفهم هو ايش! لين جتنا رنين بخاري من تراث الصحراء، و خلتنا نناظر الانعكاس للمجسم.
 
Geometry
Artwork by:Yousef AlAhmed
 عمل الفنان:يوسف الأحمد

The Arabian Philosophy
Artwork by: Ali Cha'aban
  عمل الفنان:علي شعبان
 
 All Artworks by:Kmeshal
أعمال الفنان: مشعل

 I Scream
Artwork by: Khalid Zahid
عمل الفنان: خالد زاهد

That is my dad with one of our friends discussing art. 
Thank God there were no artists near them both listening to any of this!
 الوالد مع واحد من أصحاب العائلة يتناقشون في الفن.
 اشوا ربي ستر وما كان فيه أحد من الفنانين واقف جنبهم يسمع!
 

 Saudi Portraits 
Artwork by: Hussein AlIsmail
عمل الفنان: حسين الإسماعيل

 
 Sphair
Artwork by: Areej Kaoud
 عمل الفنانة: أريج الكعود

 Artwork by: Om Khalthoom AlAlawi
عمل الفنانة: أم كلثوم العلاوي

My Mom on the other hand was totally mesmerized by this artist's work, she didn't even notice me taking the picture.
من كثر ما الوالدة مركزة على اللوح اللي قدامه ما انتبهت اني أخذت لها هذي الصورة.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts on this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...