Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Best of Britain Fashion Show

It was a busy week. The British Embassy kept the city busy with workshops in various places. 
The started with a collaboration with Harvey Nichols Riyadh to have "Best of Britain Fashion Show" which was held at the British Ambassador's home, on Saturday evening 9th of March.
They were smart in taking advantage of the nice weather, and having it held outdoors.
 The number of people invited was limited which made the seating enough to take up one row all around. For the Media they had more than 3 rows in the front so we can have a good vantage point to take shots. 

  Mannequins were dressed in the best of British Fashion Designers and places all around the garden. Since I was wearing my very high black Pumps I was not going to venture into the grass to take a closer look. Nope!!! No shot is worth ruining my shoes for. So you will have to make due with what I've captured. For a closer look, you will have to visit Harvey Nichols Riyadh.
 Since I've learned form my last event, I was there 20min ahead of the starting time to get my shots. 
I got a sneak peak of the rehearsals and the backstage beehive. 
I also caught the back of Nahar, who was in charge of this event, running around without his mask, but for my bad luck, he vanished before I saw his face.
 Till next time then Nahar.
 When you think British, what comes to your mind?! 
Personally I think UK. London. The black London Cab, that takes us around. The red London Bus. Scones with cream and jam..Also the red Telephone booth that's is busy with all kinds of stickers and notes. ..
Well, It looks like Nahar was feeling a little nostalgic to some too, and we had two things in common.
And what's Britain without the Kilt.

Finally after some delay at the gate and what not, people started showing up and mingling. Fahionistas, Designers, Artist, from both sides, shared experiences and stories. 
 
 I've been admiring this girl's outfit and shoes all night. Turns out it's Durrah, one of the sisters from Blog No5. She flew in from Jeddah for the event.
 Nora ALalsheik, designer of No.sh ,wearing one of her creations.
Creativity was also found backstage.
Wherever Harvey Nichols Riyadh is involved, Marriam Mossalli and her team of Niche Arabia will be found. She was wearing a couture Abaya by Temperly London, keeping with the theme of the night.
 
As the fashion show was about to start, I found myself sitting facing the VIPs who were attending the show. So as a courtesy, I didn't shoot the fashion show itself. 
Sorry people.
But I will leave you with the finale
My Lovely Mentor and teacher Miss Olga Kozlowska was also there looking radiant as usual in an outfit that she designed and made herself. She's the gorgeous blonde on the left.
A true inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts on this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...