Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

My Week in: Paris

The reason why I missed out of Fashion weeks after New York:
I was hiding in Paris.
Ok. I wasn't actually hiding. I was on vacation, plus I came to attend one of my close friends's wedding.

They don't call it the city of love for nothing.
 It hasn't been long since my last time in Paris, but this time I was on vacation and relaxing. So we went Touristing around the city on our feet.
Personally the only way I learn my way around a city is by walking through it.

1st thing 1st; Breakfast
Yes they gave us Macaroons with our breakfast of Pain au chocolate and croissants. 
Another thing you should know about me, when in France, I tend to use whatever french words I know, which are not that many mind you. But still, it's part of the experience.
I love this hotel" Le Grand". 
It's near the Opera . Also what I love about it is that it's a few blocks from
Galeries Lafayette, Printemps,  Palace Vendôme, and all of the boutiques, and high street shops in between. 
To me it's in the shopping circle.

Another place that is great for brunch on the weekends,and is known for it's pastries is called Angelina. Keep in mind that it gets packed on the weekend. We had stay in line for it but it was very nice.
We noticed on the weekend alot of places are packed in Paris. 
They have Queues.
 This was at Lenôtre
and also at Louis Vuitton.
I gotta say, people seem to have alot of patience.
The only times I stand at queues that long, is at the airport!!!

Moving on to our tour
We went out for a walk all the way to Place Vendôme, where there was an exhibition of sculptures by Taiwanese artist Li Chen "Spirit of the East."
You will find more info online.
It was an interesting exhibition, in one of Paris's important sites.

The best thing about this trip is that the weather was bearable and good enough for us to walk around most of the time. And we sure did alot of it.
Jardin des Tuileries
How the Parisians spend their weekend in the Tuileries Garden
onlooking the Palace de la Concorde
If you get a feeling of drive in the streets of Paris in a sports car, look for these guys. They'd be happy to oblige.
Le Grand Palace
 Le Arc de Triomph
 The Seine River
The Eiffel Tower is visible from everywhere.
The Louvre ofcourse. I have been inside it on various trips so, this time. I just drove by it waving "Hello".
Le Petite Palace
we had to pass by the Palais Royal. It's also a great place to shop at.
 Even when you get lost finding a spot, you discover other spots. This was Le Jardin des Plantes
 As for shopping, there isn't a post big enough for it.
It's everywhere, and just walking down streets, you come across stores and boutiques.
This window display caught my eye on one of our walks. Creative way to display their sunglasses.

 This one from within the Galarie Laffayette
No trip is ever complete with passing by Colette. Note; it's always packed like this.
You can also walk around and shop at Saint German, Rue de Rivoli, Rue de Faubourg Saint-Honoré, & Le Bon Marché.

Now before the Wedding night, we took the bride for a surprise bachelorette dinner, that was booked at Matignon. I have to say, they almost ruined the night for us.
 1st we came and found our tables were not yet ready! This was a reserved table that was confirmed for twice! So we waited downstairs until the tables were ready so that we could actually surprise the bride somewhere other than the doorway!
 To make a long story short, don't bother booking or planning any arrangement at that place, because we left two hours later without ever getting our table and not an apology in sight!!
Shameful! 
 So we took our party elsewhere and had lots of fun, laughs and pictures, with the rain pouring on us.
We couldn't let them ruin the night for us.

Now we come to the reason that took us to Paris.
The wedding.

It was a private affair so I'm sorry I can't show you alot form it.
 But I will be sharing with you the setting of the hall.
It was done by Designlab Events. This is the second wedding I attend for them, the 1st that is outdoors. They are exquisite. Run by Hibah AlBakree and her team,
Their attention to detail is what screams at you. The setting truly takes you into a dream world that the wedding couple have imagined, and would like to share with you.
I will share their instagram picture of this wedding, but you can check out their website and see for yourself.






 A great night among family and friends.
Everyone looked great.
It was a memorable night for sure.
May this just be the beginning of an even happier chapter in your life our amazing bride Nora KB.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts on this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...